This Activity Box has been created for small children in order to stimulate the development of their senses, fine and gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
This Activity Box encourgaes open-ended play and stimulates creativity, imagination and problem-solving. It encourages children to be engaged in and self-direct their learning.
This Activity Box is designed to support children to learn through play and encourages children to learn in a kinesthetic manner through doing.
This Activity Box comes with an instruction sheet explaining what is included in the Box and how the contents and activities may be used to aid learning.
Activities in this Box include:
- Name & Face Puzzle – Real life picture of your child, cut up to form puzzle pieces
- Identify and recognise uppercase and lowercase letters by finding them on a sheet and colouring (2 sheets and crayons included in a fabric, drawstring bag)
- Identify, recognise and read numbers – Fill your jar with bugs! Roll the dice and count the bugs.
- A3 Story boards and stick puppets for singing nursery rhymes and retelling the story – The Three Little Pigs and Little Red Riding Hood.
- Identifying, recognising and copying patterns
- Learning initial sounds with A – Z clip cards
- Identifying, recognising and building uppercase letters with ice-cream sticks
- Identifying, recognising and sorting shapes
- Arranging shapes from smallest to largest