This Activity Box has been created for children currently in or going into Grade 1 or for children already in Grade 1 who need revision and reinforcement of concepts.
This Activity Box has been aligned to the South African CAPS curriculum and develops numeracy skills and problem-solving. It encourages children to be engaged in and self-direct their learning.
This Activity Box is designed to support and encourage children to learn in a kinesthetic manner through doing.
This Activity Box comes with an instruction sheet explaining what is included in the Box and how the contents and activities may be used to aid learning.
This Activity Box comes with a whiteboard and whiteboard marker, coloured matchsticks, , pom poms and manipulatives.
Activities in this Box include:
- Identify, recognise and read number symbols 1 – 100
- Write numbers 1 – 100
- Order numbers
- Skip count in 2s, 5s, 10s
- Identify and recognise odd and even numbers
- Identify, recognise and read numbers in words (1 – 10)
- Identify place value
- Develop addition and subtraction skills
- Identify and recognise money (South Africa)
- Learn to estimate and measure length