This Activity Box has been created for children currently in or going into Grade 2 or for children already in Grade 2 who need revision and reinforcement of concepts.
This Activity Box has been aligned to the South African CAPS curriculum and develops numeracy skills and problem-solving. It encourages children to be engaged in and self-direct their learning.
This Activity Box is designed to support and encourage children to learn in a kinesthetic manner through doing.
This Activity Box comes with an instruction sheet explaining what is included in the Box and how the contents and activities may be used to aid learning.
This Activity Box comes with a whiteboard and whiteboard marker.
Concepts in this Box include:
- Identify, recognise and read number symbols 1 – 150
- Telling time to the hour and half hour
- Reading a calendar
- Mass (heavy and light)
- Measuring length using a ruler (centimetres)
- Identifying and recognising money (South Africa)
- Identifying and reognising fractions
- Identiofying and recognising position (on / under / in front of / behind / right / left)
- Identifcation, recognition and naming of 2D and 3D shapes