This Activity Box has been created for children currently in or going into Grade R or for children already in Grade R who need revision and reinforcement of concepts.
small children in order to stimulate the development of their senses,
This Activity Box develops literay and phonics skills and problem-solving. It supports in the development of gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination. It encourages children to be engaged in and self-direct their learning.
This Activity Box is designed to support and encourage children to learn in a kinesthetic manner through doing.
This Activity Box comes with an instruction sheet explaining what is included in the Box and how the contents and activities may be used to aid learning.
This Activity Box comes with a chalkboard and chalk.
Activities in this Box include:
- Number concept development
- identification, recognition and reading of number symbols and names (1-10)
- Comparing two collections of objects (bigger than, smaller than or equal to), using ordinal numbers to show order, place or position
- Identification and recognition of money (South African coins and bank notes)
- copying and extending simple patterns using physical objects
- Identification, recognition and naming of two-dimensional (2D) shapes
- Sequencing events of daily life
- Informal measuring (comparing the length of objects that are long and short)