This is a digital resource and a physical product will not be shipped.
This Activity Box has been created for children currently in or going into Grade 1 or for children already in Grade 1 who need revision and reinforcement of concepts.
This Activity Box has been aligned to the South African CAPS curriculum and develops literacy, phonics and listening skills and problem-solving. It supports in the development of gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination. It encourages children to be engaged in and self-direct their learning.
This Activity Box is designed to support and encourage children to learn in a kinesthetic manner through doing.
This Activity Box comes with an instruction sheet explaining what is included in the Box and how the contents and activities may be used to aid learning.
This Activity Box comes with a whiteboard and whiteboard marker.
Concepts in this Box include:
- Building CVC words
- identifying and recognizing sh, ch, th, wh, ck
- identifying and recognizing initial sounds in words
- letter and sound relationships
- identifying and recognising rhyming words
- Interpreting pictures to make own story
- Identifying, recognising and reading Sight Word
- Forming simple sentences
- Forming upper and lowerase letters
- Copying simple sentences
- Writing simple sentences