This Activity Box has been created for children currently in or going into Grade R or for children already in Grade R who need revision and reinforcement of concepts.
This Activity Box has been aligned to the South African CAPS curriculum and develops literacy and phonics skills and problem-solving. It supports in the development of gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination. It encourages children to be engaged in and self-direct their learning.
This Activity Box is designed to support and encourage children to learn in a kinesthetic manner through doing.
This Activity Box comes with an instruction sheet explaining what is included in the Box and how the contents and activities may be used to aid learning.
This Activity Box comes with a whiteboard and marker, cotton reels, scissors and cutting sheets.
Activities in this Box include:
- Identification, recognition and matching of upper and lower case letters
- Correct formation of upper and lower case letters
- Reading of environmental print
- Reading CVC words
- Identification, recognition and sorting of rhyming words
- Identification of beginning sounds in words
- Retelling a story using pictures – Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Story sequencing of Goldilocks and the three bears
This is a digital resource and a physical product will not be shipped.